One thing we love about digital marketing is how quickly ideal leads can be identified and sorted by their position in the consumer journey. When you know your potential clients’ needs, you can be the one to meet them.
PPC campaigns (that’s pay-per-click) are a great way to understand your leads—the services they’re looking for, the questions they have, which messages resonate with them, and what their reservations are.
6 ways PPC campaigns can generate client leads and sales
PPC campaigns can also be confidently linked to leads and sales, which can be tougher to track with print campaigns, TV and radio ads, and referrals.
Here’s how your strategic PPC campaigns can generate more client leads and closed sales for your home care agency.
1. Paid search campaigns add in-market leads to your home care funnel
One of the most popular types of PPC campaigns is paid search. These ads appear at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) for relevant queries, like elder care or in home care services. Users searching for these keywords are signaling their intent, which means they’re likely in-market leads.
Placing your ads in front of users indicating their interest in buying senior care services is a much better use of marketing resources than throwing ads into print and hoping the right person sees them.
2. Identify potential clients at all stages of the buying cycle
Some search terms tell you more about where a potential lead is on their buyer journey and what their concerns are. Keywords like does medicaid cover home health care can indicate a high-level position in the home care funnel and concerns about cost, while terms like immediate home care and fast hospice indicate someone who needs help right away.
You can then tailor the ad and landing page experience to their place in the funnel. If they’re concerned about expenses, give them information about how to pay for home care. If they need help fast, give them a way to contact you immediately, engage in a live text chat, or request a fast callback.
Once you’ve collected their information, you can quickly add new leads to your marketing automation platform so you can reach out with the appropriate help and information through automated text message follow-ups or reminders to call interested leads.
If users come to you via a general query about home care, then you can prompt users to identify exactly where they are in their buying journey by giving them different calls to action to follow, like I need help today or Show me home care options.
You can even direct users to a questionnaire that helps them (and you) identify the services they need.
3. Slide interested leads directly to your marketing automation engine to jump-start their customer journey
Home care marketers can connect their PPC campaigns to their marketing automation tool, which immediately slides them into your funnel so you can serve them important information about your services through avenues like email drip campaigns, care coordinator follow-ups, educational resources, and invitations to informational events.
4. Increases brand awareness, especially for new agencies
For new agencies with little name recognition, as well as those waiting for their hard work on SEO to finally kick in, pay-per-click campaigns are a way to quickly get your name in front of relevant audiences in the form of paid search, social media, and display ads.
5. PPC marketing helps home care marketers develop and refine audience segments
Unlike print or ads, PPC marketing campaigns return new information to you, like the age, gender, income, and interests of users who engage with your ads. It can help you identify untapped audience segments as well. You can use the information to optimize your PPC campaigns as well as your overall marketing strategy.
6. Answer questions for your target audience and establish yourself as a trusted source
With a little research, you can find keywords your ideal clients are searching for, like how much does home care cost and paying for home care. With these in mind, you can write ad copy and design landing page experiences that satisfy their needs and assuage their worries. This builds your agency's credibility and reputation for being a trusted source of information.
Best practices for optimizing PPC campaigns for sales
Here are a few best practices for ensuring your PPC campaigns generate leads that become sales.
- Tailor your campaign messages and landing page experiences to each audience segment. It’s not enough to tailor campaigns only to the keyword groups you’re bidding on. Senior care marketers must also consider the people on the other side of those search queries—their concerns as well as their demographics, location, and interests.
- Solve a problem for your potential clients. Don’t just present them with your best care services, show them how you can meet their needs.
- Make it easy for them to contact you. At a minimum, this means including a click-to-call button easily visible above the fold. Consider also live chat options, text messaging, and an email form fill.
- Integrate your PPC campaigns with your marketing automation platform so you can immediately start guiding them through their customer journey.
Get started with PPC
With Home Care Marketing Pros' PPC Management Services we make running senior care PPC campaigns easy. Find out more by watching our 1-minute walkthrough here!